Sign in to follow this  
schaki

WTB: Samsung 830 or 840 Pro 256 or 512gb. Both 2.5" and mSata is o

I'm looking for a used 2.5" or mSata Samsung 830 or 840 Pro. 256 or 512gb of these. May consider a 850 Pro if the price is right.

I'm not interested in the "usual" 840 or 840 Evo due to the problems which those have.

Other quality ssd units which are equal to 830 or 840 Pro in terms of reliability and performance might be of interest as well. Only MLC and SLC are of interest.

We have a PM830 in 256GB that I'll gladly send you if you're in the US. If global and you make and send me the paid label, that's fine too.

I'm still looking for one of the mentioned ssd drivers or some other good MLC or SLC ssd.

The reason for the fallout regarding the PM830 seems to be the 256 bit encryption and that the U.S have some export ban for such drives which not includes Sweden as I've bought an enterprise in Sweden which have 256 bit AES hardware encryption.

I've told Brian that in Pm, but still after about 2-3 days have got no reply at all. At least one might expect an answer.

So I'm still looking for other options unless I can have the PM830 or buy some other Samsung ssd which have been used for testing or been in use.

As it is an old computer with only Sata 2 I don't need or want the newest and plan to use the computer for 1-2 years to come. So buying a brand new which would be a little slow for a new computer now would be a waste. Because obviously M.2 interface is the way to go with new computers. Something which my old Intel 775 motherboard not supports.

Sheesh - sorry for my slow response, trying to run a business and all ;)

I haven't had time to price out shipping to Sweden. It also takes more time to deal with export forms, etc. which is why I wanted to send it to the US initially.

Ok. So with what I got to know by Brian in Pm after his reply this thread means that I'm still looking for alternatives. So if anyone else have some ssd which they want sell so let me know. Either in this thread or Pm.