Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

WD My Passport Ultra Review (7th Generation)

The My Passport Ultra features some pretty handy local and cloud backup software with WD SmartWare Pro, allowing users to choose when, where, and how to back up their files. The ability to simply select a schedule and file folder makes this process quick and easy. In addition, users can use the Dropbox compatibility if they want to save to the Cloud. In addition, the WD Security utility with password protection and its 256-bit AES hardware encryption also adds to the security of the backed up content.

WD My Passport Ultra Review (7th Generation)

Hmm... would be curious to see how the 3TB one performs, as well as power consumption.

Also any chance of 4K benchmarks? I know for those who deal a lot with small files, a benchmark at a smaller size than 2MB would be useful (doesn't necessarily have to be 4K).

Drive looks pretty ordinary otherwise, but in the world of 2.5" externals, that's a good thing. :)

The 3TB isn't shipping until the end of the month, we'll endeavor to get that one too. All in all, there's not much new to see here compared to the prior versions, which for commodity portable, you're right...a good thing. The 3TB is not SMR, but probably the last WD high-cap portable drive we'll say that about.

What is the model number for the 3TB? thanks

WDBBKD0030BBK for the black

WDBBKD0030BBL for the blue

WDBBKD0030BWT for the white

WDBBKD0030BBY for the red