Sign in to follow this  
Kevin OBrien

SQL Server Performance Comments

Who all around here is running SQL Server 2012 or 2014? Curious if any of you are running on flash currently, or looking at options in the near/mid future.

We currently run a couple of SQL servers on our 3par storage, and we use AO to move active blocks to SSDs, so we do not really run a all-flash solution. But since we have a fairly big flash capacity (10TB), we run about 70% of the databases on the flash tier. Writes happen on the 15k tier still though.

Our installation does not have very high IO requirements, so it is kind of overkill, but the low response time is an advantage 0.1ms is certainly better than 6-7ms from traditional storage

• Like 1

We are running 3 SQL 2012 Standard machines on a vSphere 5.5 environment icm NexentaStor 4.0.3 Enterprise. NexentaStor is configured to work in a tiered config using all HP hardware.

This is what we use in production. If you want more info just ask. I'm hosting +/- 1TB of MSSQL db's right now.

In our reporting environment I'm experimenting a bit with local all flash arrays and RAM disks. And I got to say when properly configured this is a must have in every reporting environment. Even un-indexed stuff is awfully fast!