Sign in to follow this  
etsrad

Specs of a Dell SSD?!

Hey all, as we all know Cisco, Dell, HP make it quite difficult to find out the exact specs on the SSDs that they use as they mark up the price 3-6x easily as they are usually rebranded drives.

We are considering going SuperMicro because of this reason so that I know exactly how many IOPS/Read/Write/DWPD/etc. I am getting.

On my Dell quote it says " 800GB Solid State Drive SAS Mix Use MLC 12Gbps 2.5in Hot-plug Drive,13G" , but I am having trouble finding out any details about it and Dell is unsure themselves.

I think it might be a Seagate or HGST but the Dell guy doesn't think so, so I am not sure.

Anyone here what the specs are? Thanks in advance.

Dell loves using the new HGST SAS3 models across the board. Almost positive it would be one of these if you ordered that product. We've seen the read-focused model (MR) pop up in the new entry level Compellent array. The awesome part is these SSDs are some of the fastest on the market.

https://www.hgst.com/solid-state-storage/enterprise-ssd/sas-ssd/ultrastar-ssd1600mm

I can't say with 100% certainty that it would be that if they multi-source that model, but that is what we've seen come up.

That model is a Seagate SSD 1200 for sure. It might be that they multi-source the HGST SSD800MM, Toshiba PX02SM, or the SSD 1200

They say its either one of the below Seagate 1200 drives...but don't know which one for sure, really hoping its the 43 one as it seems faster!

ST800FM0043

ST800FM0013

Thanks