Sign in to follow this  
wsarahan

Need advices in SSD choice

Hi guys how are you?

I`m going to the USA next month and i`ll buy a new high capacity SSD for me

I live in Brazil and here one of 1TB or 960GB SSD is something about 3x the price that we pay at the USA :(

So i saw this both SSD`s and wanna know what`s the best choice, and of course, if you have some more advice fell free to post here :)

I saw the 850 Pro but it`s a little expensive , but you are the expert guys, i wanna the best option with a good price, i saw this both but i do not know so much about the SSD`s, and i saw the crucial M550 too with 1 TB

Well it`s up to you guys, wich you decide i`ll get for me, you are the experts :)

Thanks guys

Edited by wsarahan

SanDisk Extreme Pro, no questions asked. The 850 Pro would be in that same recommendation, but you can't go wrong with that SanDisk model either.

The only question is if you really need the top-end performer. If you can get by with a more mainstream drive, you have many more options at lower cost.

The only question is if you really need the top-end performer. If you can get by with a more mainstream drive, you have many more options at lower cost.

Hi Brian how are u?

The point for me is another

I live in Brazil, a way expensive country to buy this stuffs, here a 120GB SSD is the same price that I can get a 1TB SSD at USA

So i have the oportunity to travel to NY and get a piece for a fair price, that don't happen here :(

That's why I wanna a best one in this case, I don't know when I'll have the oportunity to go back to USA again

Considering this what you recommend? The SanDisk Extreme as well or another one?

Thanks

SanDisk Extreme Pro, no questions asked. The 850 Pro would be in that same recommendation, but you can't go wrong with that SanDisk model either.

Thanks man for the tip :)

And Brian your advices will be very important for me to decide, I know that you are an expert in this case :)

My point is really about your needs though. I get you can spend much less in the US but if you can spend even less and still be happy then great. So tell us more about your needs then I might have other ideas for you.

My point is really about your needs though. I get you can spend much less in the US but if you can spend even less and still be happy then great. So tell us more about your needs then I might have other ideas for you.

Well, my needs are simple, I need a SSD with high capacity as at the PC I'm a overclock enthusiast and a hardcore gamer, have a huge system to play and to do normal stuffs

Okay, so it sounds like performance is more important to you than most others, you're firmly in the enthusiast camp. Otherwise I'd be pushing the 850 EVO or MX100. For what you want though, we really only have two top pics and you're looking at both.

http://www.storagereview.com/best_drives

So the picks you mean is the 850 Pro and the SanDisk Extreme? The Neutron XT not?

And if I got what you said I have to choose between the SanDisk Extreme and the 850 Pro right? With one is your choice for me as you said I only have this both now to choose if we descart the Neutron XT?

Thanks man

Edited by wsarahan

I'd go with the Samsung 850 Pro if it were me. SanDisk is a good second choice though based on price.

I'd go with the Samsung 850 Pro if it were me. SanDisk is a good second choice though based on price.

Thanks man, you saved my purchase :)

Nothing like talk to the bests in section :)

e, I need a SSD with high capacity as at the PC I'm a overclock enthusiast and a hardcore gamer, have a huge system to play and to do normal stuffs
Even then you probably couldn't tell the difference between the very fastest SATA SSDs (like the 850 Pro or Sandisk Extreme Pro) vs. mainstream ones like the Samsung 850 EVO, or the slightly slower 840 EVO or Crucial MX100. :)