Sign in to follow this  
droman

LSI 9620-16i don't show any drive.

Hi.

First apologize for my poor knowledge of English.
I have an LSI 9260-16i with four wires like this:
Connected to 16 840EVO Samsung SSD 1TB disks.
The problem is that the card did not recognize any disks attached to it.
I thought the problem was the disc, but I disconnected and I have connected two WD 2TB NAS and I do not recognize them, not me recognizes two discs Seagate 120 Gb SATA1.
Is it possible that my card is damaged or something I do not do well?
The card is updated to the latest official firmware and have tried on two computers with the same result.
Thank you very much everyone.
Is it better another card to the SSD disk configuration?
Edited by droman

The Areca gear uses LSI chipsets, but really that card you have should be working fine with even non-qualified gear.

Have you tried a separate SAS cable yet?

For RAID cards we only recommend name-brand products such as LSI or Adaptec, not third party cards.

Are you using LSI-branded cables? SAS cables themselves can be incompatible with different RAID cards. I'm currently using a Samsung 840 Pro with an LSI card right now in one of our workstations here in the office. The problem is not the card!

I'd stick with LSI cables only as a known working product. I've used both of these previously with the 9260 and 9271 family

http://www.amazon.es/LSI-CBL-SFF8087OCF-06M-cable-Serial-Attached/dp/B000HVXCXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419879062&sr=8-1&keywords=CBL-SFF8087OCF-06M

http://www.amazon.es/AMCC-Multi-lane-Internal-Cable-Marr%C3%B3n/dp/B000VUNH1S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419879107&sr=8-2&keywords=CBL-SAS8087OCF-06M

Did the RAID card come supplied with a cable? Usually the retail packages include some.

No, did not come with any cables. It seems odd that a card 850 € not bring

cables ... at least one. But I've seen more incredible things. :)

Thanks for the references to the cables.

Super, figured it was those damn cables ;)

Never, ever buy off-brand cables for RAID cards. I only use what ships inside servers (qualified for that platform) or what is listed as qualified for the product you are using.

I normally stick to Adaptec-branded cables myself, for small runs. Cheap and easy to source. For our large runs on a lot of products, we usually go custom, but then we have the volume to justify. :)