Wel

SMART CRC error count with 840 EVO

Hi,
I have SSD Samsung 840 EVO and when I bought this drive I checked the SMART report from HD Tune and found it all ok, now I have a CRC value says "Attention" in HD Tune. I learned that it might be the cable so I cahnged the cable many times, I even changed the power socket but this number keep increasing higher it is not 356

900x900px-LL-5b2f3097_cdi.jpeg

is there any solution to this ? Is it possible that the drive itself is defective ?

I am also getting another problem at booting windows from the SSD, the computer sometime stops after displaying the BIOS data then it stops just before displaying "Starting Windows"......please advise

I'd first use Samsung's own tools for evaluating drive health. If you want to do an RMA they'll probably want that data anyway. Magician is an excellent tool, so start there and let us know what you see. How old is the drive?

The drive is about 6 months old. here is the smart report from magician. The CRC number still increasing !!

TIUUZg6.jpg

Edited by Wel

When the drive software said the drive is fine, I tend to worry less about a single SMART error which is also listed as OK. If you're really worried about it give tech support an email.