Sign in to follow this  
Retina

Hdd for video editing / storage

Hi

i recently started a post production company and both speed ans storage capacity are very important. i am using OSX

my current config:

ssd samsung evo pro 128 (for SO and softw)
raid0 2* wd red 1tb red nas (for editing/rendering/speed)

i am currently looking for something for storage, speed would be nice but i aim more for stability and capacity , i was thinking in WD green 3tb

but i am open for suggestions, max bugget :110eur. http://www.amazon.fr/

i live in argentina, but a friend of mine is at france and can bring me anything from amazon france (much more cheaper than argentina).

thanks in advance

just in case mi rig is:

i7 3770k

16gb ram

gtx 770

ga z77x ud3h

xfx 600w pro core

Edited by Retina

Is this the primary backup or a temporary holding location? If the former I'm uncomfortable with any single drive doing that duty, would rather see you get two in RAID1 at least.

Is this the primary backup or a temporary holding location? If the former I'm uncomfortable with any single drive doing that duty, would rather see you get two in RAID1 at least.

this will be the primary, i have no money for a secondary at the moment, i do have an external 1tb where i will save the most important and that could be considered my secondary backup.

i could buy in the future another wd green for raid1.

Edited by Retina

I'd probably buy whatever is cheapest for you and add to it later, though if you use hardware RAID you'd like the drives to be identical. Anyway, also find a cloud service in your region you can back up to. IF this is your career, you're playing with fire by not having a better data protection scheme.