Sign in to follow this  
kmuchmor

8 SSD Raid 0 with 12Gb/s Adaptec 8805

We're setting up a system that needs to be capable of writing 2GB/s to disk. We have 9 SSD's, one with the OS and programs installed, and then an 8 Samsung 840 Pro SSD Raid 0 Array. The raid is hooked up the an Adaptec 8805 raid controller that is supposed to be capable of 12Gb/s per port. I've been struggling to get this system to have write speeds better than about 1850MB/s which is shy of the desired 2GB/s. Is there any ideas on what I could try to optimize my write speeds

Thanks

We're setting up a system that needs to be capable of writing 2GB/s to disk. We have 9 SSD's, one with the OS and programs installed, and then an 8 Samsung 840 Pro SSD Raid 0 Array. The raid is hooked up the an Adaptec 8805 raid controller that is supposed to be capable of 12Gb/s per port. I've been struggling to get this system to have write speeds better than about 1850MB/s which is shy of the desired 2GB/s. Is there any ideas on what I could try to optimize my write speeds

Thanks

Send the Adaptec back, and buy Areca 1883 :D

Areca 1883 bandwidth:

1883i8xm3passd.png

Edited by Nizzen

What are you using to test the transfer speeds and what are your current RAID settings?

I have been using CrystalDiskMark.

My Raid settings are:

• Array Type: Raid 0
  • Strip Size: 256
  • Read Caching: Disabled
  • Write Caching: Disabled
  • Controller Mode: Exposed Raw mode
Edited by kmuchmor

Tried playing with the cache settings and stripe size at all?

Nizzen, what SSDs are you using and how many of them? Not saying so isn't useful, in fact it's just trolling. ;)

Tried playing with the cache settings and stripe size at all?

Nizzen, what SSDs are you using and how many of them? Not saying so isn't useful, in fact it's just trolling. ;)

Yes, I've tried all the strip configurations that are availiable. It changes the speeds slightly but not much. I feel like there is a bottleneck somethere but I can't seem to figure out where that would be.