Sign in to follow this  
d3v

Which SSD fpr gaming? Most reliable/performance SSD?

Hey all my Gigabyte Z77X-D3H intel motherboard system is arriving in the next few days and need to get an SSD for it but no idea which is best for gaming. I'm after 120gb minimum. What's the most reliable SSD yet has great performance?

That is an easy one Samsung 850 pro 256gb on up umm Sandisk Extreme Pro in 2nd and best bang for your buck would probably be Crucials MX100's do a search for reviews online the market is flooded with all kinds...but in my opinion those are great drives and Samsung's Software is great for their ssd...If you are not in a hurry I would wait until Quarter 1 or 2 of 2015 Lots of new hardware coming out by end of year!! Good Luck had to register so I could get you this info lol

Depends on the budget but there are a ton of options. The Samsung is a good call for sure, star there and see if it fits your cost profile.

Hey all my Gigabyte Z77X-D3H intel motherboard system is arriving in the next few days and need to get an SSD for it but no idea which is best for gaming. I'm after 120gb minimum. What's the most reliable SSD yet has great performance?

I was lucky last week and got a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB for $200 (+tax) off Amazon, it was a 24 hour sale, so maybe check Amazon every day and maybe they will offer another 24 hour sale.

The Crucial M100s seem to offer the best bang for the buck, their 512GB model will sometimes sell for under $200.

My 840 Evo arrived earlier today, used the Samsung software to copy over from my old Corsair 180GB, performance improvement is very notiveable.