Brian

Huawei OceanStor Dorado2100 G2 All Flash Array Review Discussion

8 posts in this topic

I assume you're kidding, but if not, I'd be interested to know how much you view that as a serious issue. I'm sure some are worried about things like that.

Well, as one who occasionally specs IT hardware, and having done the Ethical Hacking courses, I doubt I'd ever recommend, or even consider Huawei because of that nagging doubt in the back of my mind that there's a possibility of something going on thanks to the Chinese government.

There was also some security concerns expressed in UK government about the big deal British Telecom did with Huawei and the ADSL equipment they're using.

Besides, I've had the misfortune of having some Huawei equipment (ADSL modem router supplied by my ISP, the PVR supplied by my ISP, and a 3G USB dongle) and it's all pure junk. Terrible stuff.

Interesting reading: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22803510

Edited by Valleyforge

Its hard to correlate any products at the consumer level to ones in the enterprise level. You wouldn't judge Cisco switches and routers by their Linksys gear. Whole different class.

I'm aware of that, I was only throwing that in as a bonus statement.

If the UK government has gone to the lengths of setting up a whole department to test Huwiieieeie's stuff, I think I'd be avoiding that stuff...who knows what's hiding in the firmware.

Tinfoil hat on.

The US was also pushing a similar message a few years back... it was mostly political. Most of this gear is coming out of China in the first place.

I have to add that the US-made products would then have NSA-approved backdoors! :)

Edited by chuckleb