Sign in to follow this  
ycp

Slow Speeds in LSI 9200-8e

Hey Guys,
I just bought a new Supermicro 847E16-R1K28LPB chassis. I Installed 2 WD Red 3tb Drives in the chassis. I am using the drives in JBOD mode, no raid. I did a disk benchmark on 1 drive and i am getting 140MBps speeds. But when i am transferring some video files from my pc the the 1 drive in the chassis i am only getting around 70Mbps speeds. The benchmark speeds are way higher than what i am getting Practically. I tried some different file types and tried reading data back also, but no luck on the speed.

I am using a LSI 9200-8e SAS HBA in my pc which is connected to this chassis. My PC is windows 7 64bit and the drive is formatted in NTFS. I have updated all the drivers for the SAS card. The bios and firmware are both updated for the lsi card, its in IT mode.

The chassis is brand new and doesnt seem to have a problem. I think there is a setting i am missing for the HBA card.

I think i am missing something, is there a setting in windows that i need to change?
If someone has any ideas please help.

I got much better speed from these same hard drives when they are in my pc attached directly to the motherboard using sata cables, so what makes them much slower when they are in the JBOD chassis?