Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgq85

840 EVO 250GB - Benchmark ok?

5 posts in this topic

On my Seq getting 386.1 MB /s

Is it supposed to be faster than that?

I have battlefield 4 installing in the background so might that be slowing it down?

an using mobo asrock 970 extreme4

All other reviews appear to show it should be over 400 MB/s....

Using CrystalDiskMark :

PSgLBVA.png

Edited by jgq85

Testing a drive used as primary will always be slower than secondary.

my 840 pro is primary and gets numbers very close to advertised. I think the is probably due to my op at close to 25%. I did the same thing to my old 830(secondary) and it is actually getting numbers slightly higher than advertised. so maybe try op and see what happens.

I have a 250GB EVO as the Primary (OS) drive on an Intel MB with an i5-2500k (stock clocks) Win 8.1 pro. Here are the numbers I get with Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers v12.9.0.1001:

Ka0DPiA.png

What AHCI or RAID drivers are you running on your ASRock Extreme 4 MB? You are running the drive in AHCI or RAID mode, correct? If you run the drive in ATA mode then the performance will be lower.

I have battlefield 4 installing in the background so might that be slowing it down?

Having an app installing in the background would definitely degrade performance. Re-running the benchmark when the rest of the system is idle would be strongly recommended to get a realistic benchmark.