Mkruer

How Long Has Your HHD Been Running For?

I thought it would be a fun idea to see who has the longest running drive my current record is 67458hr or 7.7 years of always on and running. Still no errors (the heat issue is more its location then anything else)

post-18511-0-47480500-1401301377_thumb.p

I have a couple meridian voicemail systems that use 850 or 1200 meg hard drives.. and os/2.

Not sure which is older, SMART or the hard drive. We've been replacing the hard drives with 2GB CF cards on a CF to IDE adapter as we run across them.

Is that your PC that never turns off?

Its a drive that I domino into older boxes . Every time I get a new drive I keep the newest/fastest/highest capacity HDD into my current system and then take that drive and throw it into an older system, in this case a small vm server i setup. I have two WD 2TB Green that have a little under 35000hs on them, that are still going strong. And yes the PCs rarely turn off or spin down for that matter.

Edited by Mkruer

No exact date, but the 500GB Seagate Barracuda ES drives in one of the NAS boxes at work have all been running 24x7 since November 2007. 8 drives, no failures. It's an old Poweredge 2950-II running Storage Server 2003 R2. It's demoted to holding archived data now, but it's still accessed regularly.