Sign in to follow this  
aledisify

SDD after 2 weeks 0,74TB Total Bytes Written

Hello,

i am using my ssd Samsung Evo 256GB for 2 weeks and already i have 0,74TB Total Bytes Written.

I used space 110GB, so it doesn´t make sence.

Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Defrag disabled.

I don´t have absolutely idea what can cause this issue !?

Thank you for reply :)

10 GB write per day is normal, two weeks should be 140 GB. Initial install should be 150 GB. So 0,3 TB would be really normal, I would suggest to check again in 2 weeks.

You have to remember all the transient stuff too like email. Nothing to be worried about right now.

I don´t understand, i have disabled chrome cache and all pages i load from internet.

Even if i not, it coudnt be so much datas in so short time.

I wrote on my ssd disk only 110GB.

I have pagefile unluckily, because windows without pagefile poping up notification window no memory, even i have 2,9 free memory in resources manager.

And now do it even with pagefile.

I disabled this annonying notfication in gpedit.msc and it doesn´t work.

Do you think that pagefile 200 minimum size and maximum 2000MB can rewrite 730GB per two weeks, i am not.

But i dont see whatever what could rewrite so gigant capacity of data in so short time, so i am not sure.

But i am done, because will must set pagefile to minimum size of ram capacity, it is 8192 and maximum size double of it or this annoying notification will popp on me and i woudn´t be able to play.

I found it on microsoft site.

If it is not true, same in best way i will must same drasticaly enhace capacity of pagefile and rewrite datas will be 10x higher.

I had 2 years ocz ssd, maybe lower time and it´s gone, because i didn´t have optimized windows.

Now i have, no defrag, superfetch, prefetch atc.

But i see how i am done same like before, there is nothing what i can do with this terrible page file which i can´t be able switch off, because notification minimize my games and even sometimes shutdown and otehr applications, if it is nonsence 2,9 GB clear free memory.

My ssd going to die so fast again.

And even i didnt do almost anything i have runned only steam and arma 3 and chrome (i have disabled cache) and there is nothing what could rewrite so much capacity of data i think even pagafile can´t it is unreal.

Even my friend which uses photoshop, autocad and don´t have optimized ssd, doen´t have too big data rewriteable.

On my old ssd i had this capacity rewrited after year.

SMART cant has true, or i don´t know.

Windows is bugged and all fml...

Edited by aledisify

Yes, but i installed yesterday new application.

Yesterday, before i installed new application it was 0,71 TB and today when i started pc 0,8 TB.

Application takes 44 GB i understand.

But about another 46 GB i dont know, what could take it.

If it will go same speed, my ssd will die in 3 years.

Use Resource Monitor in Task Manager to see what is writing to the drive. It might give you a clue. Then re-check after a week.

Also, see what application is using the system memory and set the page file to something constant(just do 1.5x the system memory) instead of system managed.

I moved page file to hdd.

I did not know that is possible, i always thought, that you must have pagefile on system disk.

It advise me my friend, i would expect more from ssd forum.

I have 200k B/s write.

I will check it next friday and let here know.

But same i want thank you for try thanks.

Are you hitting the page file THAT much? In a healthy system with sufficient memory, the page file generally just sits there completely idle 99% of the time. Even with a few hundred MB paged out of main memory, those writes are infrequent at best.

I would be very curious to know what processes you have running that are causing the system to page out memory that often.

The pagefile is one of the files you normally would want to KEEP on the SSD to reduce the latency impact when your system does have to hit it.

Now after week, rewrited datas were 80GB.

Pagefile was on disk.

Yes, but it probably woun´t be a reason.

I don´t know what happend with this ssd.

Doesn´t matter, if it works finally good.

What about move pagefile on ssd, i still don´t know.

Now pagefile takes 3,3GB.

I dont´know accurate how it works, if i have ssd and pagefile on hdd.

Can i see difference at games ?

Edited by aledisify