Brian

OCZ RevoDrive 350 PCIe SSD Review Discussion

The OCZ RevoDrive 350 is a beast of an SSD with performance that will suit the needs of any enterprise, hardcore gamer, or power enthusiast. There simply aren't a lot great options when it comes to workstation PCIe storage but thankfully with OCZ re-committing, the RevoDrive 350 stands out as the De facto leader of the pack at its capacity points.

OCZ RevoDrive 350 PCIe SSD Review

Just a side note, which also applies to your other reviews: I suggest to limit the number of digits a bit more. For example quoting 4k random IOps as 19,890.27 doesn't provide any more information than 19,890, but doesn't look as clean and simple to read. I also highly doubt the last 0.27 IOps are statistically relevant, as in "if you repeat this test or use another drive, will that measurement result be the same?". I suppose your numbers hold up to the 3rd or 4th digit. If this is true, supplying anything further implies a false sense of precision.

MrS

Can you also run this drive through your enterprise tests (with pre-conditioning)?

The price point of RevoDrive 350 is similar to that of Intel S3700. I'd like to see how they compare performance-wise under server workloads.

Also can you compare this drive to some high-end PCIe drives? It'd be interesting to see if this can be used as a poor man's FusionIO.

We did SQL on it, but are waiting for the larger cap 960GB to do more. So far we've been unable to attain one from OCZ.

Thanks for the response Brian. Looks like the SQL benchmark was done without pre-conditioning, is that correct? In that case I'm not sure how realistic the results are since SSD performance drops significantly after all the cells have been written to.