Sign in to follow this  
larryman

Qnap TS-212P or Sysnology DS213j

Hello:

I am deciding between Qnap TS-212P or Sysnology DS213j for my home use.

One very specific usage that I need my NAS to be performed well:

I have a couple of web sites require daily data backup, one of the web site is a photo sharing web sites. I am just starting it, so I don't expect a heavy traffic.

Which brand has a better functionality for web site data backup?

Thank you.

Honestly either will do fine for that duty, you may want to opt for higher speed NAS drives or enterprise drives though if you're really worried about throughput. Going with a 2-bay though tells me you don't expect a ton of data or need *that* much power. What's the pricing look like if you're not in the US?

Honestly either will do fine for that duty, you may want to opt for higher speed NAS drives or enterprise drives though if you're really worried about throughput. Going with a 2-bay though tells me you don't expect a ton of data or need *that* much power. What's the pricing look like if you're not in the US?

I am in Canada and the price is about 10% more when compare to the US retail.

I am expecting to pay no more than US $250 just for the NAS diskless.

WD Red 5900RPM drives will be used for this NAS.

Edited by larryman

I'd say you won't go wrong with either. We have a ton more hands on time with Synology and tend to lean that way, though many of the QNAP units have higher spec in similar head-to-head cases and can turn a little more IO. The Synology interface is more refined though and there's a deeper array of third party apps. Reds will do well inside either.

I'd say you won't go wrong with either. We have a ton more hands on time with Synology and tend to lean that way, though many of the QNAP units have higher spec in similar head-to-head cases and can turn a little more IO. The Synology interface is more refined though and there's a deeper array of third party apps. Reds will do well inside either.

Then I shall go for Synology.

Thank you.