Sign in to follow this  
dbaps

List of drives supporting UASP

Has anyone seen a list of drives that support UASP? A lot of times the information is buried. I'm interested in any form of inventory of UASP drives. It can be a list of just thumb drives that support UASP. Or a list of external drives like the WD Passports. I also know there are enclosures you can put your drive into for UASP. I don't know much about this last area.

My Asus motherboard (Z77) has a Turbo mode and a UASP mode that can be set for external USB 3.0 drives, depending upon the specifications for the drive.

On the thumb drive side I know the new Mushkin Enhanced Ventura Ultra thumb drives support UASP.

Thanks everyone.

You're asking this question in the HDD section of the forum, but (external) hard drives are so slow, that they don't need UASP, they won't perform better anyway.

So you usually see UASP in devices, which attach flash memory directly to USB 3.0, without SATA in-between.

Moved to what drive I should buy.

FYI, Asus has a list of devices that support UASP:

http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/The_Best_USB3_Experience/The_UASP_For_USB3.0.htm

The list of devices is lacluster(too old, not easily available or worth it), but the list of controllers are helpful. With the right controller + a SSD, you can have some fun. Doing a search for the Asmedia chipset/controller, these are some of them:

Thermaltake BlacX 5G USB 3.0

Plugable USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Lay-Flat Docking Station (Latest ASMedia ASM1053E Chipset)

S2510BMU33-2.5in Aluminum USB 3.0 External SATA III SSD Hard Drive Enclosure with UASP for SATA 6 Gbps

OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro Portable USB 3.0 HDD(and other variants from the company)

Note: Make sure to get a drive that matches your needs. A flash driver(even slower) will be more handy in some situations.