LG81

RAID1 Help

Looking for any assistance with the issue we have on hand.

We have a 2007 IBM X Series server with a SAS1064 Raid Controller card.

The two drives were setup in RAID1 configuration. 1 of them has died.

So we purchased a new 1TB Seagate drive and have installed in the server.

When we boot up the server and open MegaRaid - we can see the new disk however its status is 'Unconfigured Good' - see attached screenshot

We are unable to right click on the drive to select any options ... we are trying to rebuild this drive in the RAID1 mirror configuration.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.

post-102158-0-38162500-1393508981_thumb.

Can this server be brought down to possibly access the pre-boot LSI setup wizard? It is strange though that right clicking the drive isn't showing any options... since you should have the rather common locate/assign/etc features pop up.

Yes the server can come down .. I have been into the pre-boot LSI blue screen config and I didn't see a Setup wizard....

If a wizard is run will that clear the current raid & data?

This would be the menu accessed with CTRL+H (I think) as the LSI card detects the drives. This would be a similar interface, just before the OS loads.

Loading this utility wouldn't harm the current RAID1 group. You'd be able to see the configuration and hopefully select that new drive as one to add to the group to replace the one that went bad.

Bummer - I just posted a similar thing but I don't have a failed drive. You can probably do this through the megacli also BUT I'm unfamiliar with megacli to do what WE want to do. The problem looks like it's not the exact same drive type and it sees a slight difference in drive geometry.

I would gather if you buy the EXACT same drive what you want to do would work BUT if you don't...you need to do the setup wizard (which I can't do because the server is 4 hours away at the moment) OR figure out the megacli method to shove that drive in regardless of the drive geometry - it is a larger disk by a hair so it would work.