Sign in to follow this  
AndersEik

My intel 520 series 480GB shows only 357 GB...?

"Hello have you downloaded the intel toolbox? if so please try the secure wipe feature. I have been talking with intel tech support about this issue it would seem as their was a hidden partition loaded on these drives. I was able to download a DOS program called HDAT2_50 that allowed me to see the hidden partition and then reset drive to its full capacity after which I created a ntfs partition on it and formatted it to its full capacity. If you do not feel comfortable in doing any of this I truly understand and would offer to replace it with another drive which has been done already. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Could you help me through this?

If that is the case, you can try it out although you need to do it as a secondary drive and it will fully erase it.

Hi,

I have tried with four different dvds but can`t make ti work. It doesn`t start up automatically from the dvd so I booted it from the BIOS, but it din`t work there either. It jumt swtraight back to normal startup.

I don`t have usb stick, only segate external harddrive.

Wich one of these should I download and burn by the way?

My specs:

Asus z87 pro,

i74770k

32 GB ram

Intel SSD 520 series

post-102085-0-75883700-1391264715_thumb.

If you have a native eSATA drive bay, you could load the Intel SSD into that and use the toolbox to wipe it and start over (if that does fix it).

None of these options are really great ones, and unless you have a spare desktop sitting around, this whole process is a pain.

I think I will leave this to some computer expert here in town. Most likely I will happy fellow it up and have to ask for help anyway. I don`t quit know what to do because I get different opinions about this subject. If someone could refer to a site that explains step by step, it would be a great help.

Anders