Blutarsky

[Semi OT] - Fastest sync software

I know it's a semi-off topic, but I'm posting it here as it may be commented by a "sensitive" user group:

- I'm planning to use an external HDD as a synchronize unit between home/office PC; basically you plug in the disk and the software will synchronize bidirectionally accordingly: music, pictures, documents, videos: 140GB in 105,000 files in 13,000 folders

There are many tools that will help such as MS Synctoy, PureSync, Freefilesync, Allway sync, etc, however all of them (apparently) will require scanning both sides each time to verify changes. It takes time; boring on a daily basis.

I was wondering if it exists any other tool that will manage changes with other techniques, could be a database, and/or a hook on the filesystem API, tracking changes in real time, fastening the scan phase as it would constantly know what files have changed since last sync. Lightning fast!

Any idea?

Digging around I have spotted a tool named Viceversa. Did anyone test this? It seems to have a real time monitoring tool.... unfortunately seems quite expensive.... 59$ + 24$ for the engine!

Any alternatives?

Edited by Blutarsky