Kevin OBrien

OCZ Files For Bankrupcy, Assets to be Acquired by Toshiba Discussion

5 posts in this topic

OCZ has filed for bankruptcy announcing that Toshiba plans on acquiring their storage assets within the next 60 days for roughly $35 million. We had an opportunity to speak at length with OCZ on their current and future plans to gain insight on what's to be expected. The prognosis for customers hasn't changed, OCZ has no plans to stop selling consumer or enterprise SSD hardware or software solutions in channel, and most importantly warranty support in this interim period remains the same.

OCZ Files For Bankrupcy, Assets to be Acquired by Toshiba

In my mind, there is no doubt that will happend to more SSD manufactors over the next few years. I recon only the nand producers will end up beeing able to carve the market between them.

That's where most of the pricing advantage comes, so your theory makes quite a bit of sense.

I told you we all know how this ends -_-

My wild guess - brand killed by mid 2014, same as Seagate /Smasung deal. With all negative publicity, OCZ brand has no value to Toshiba whatsoever.

I have a small stack of Vertex 2's and 3's on my desk. Can't use them even in multi-drive Raid1 because we can't trust them to not just stop working. Feels wrong to throw them out especially when some are in warranty still(i think)