smurfcho

What do you think of cloud based storage for Business/ Homes surveilla

7 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of cloud based storage for Surveillance needs?

I bought IP cameras and check on several cloud based surveillance storage providers - fennocloudcam, ivideon, synsr...

I need some more info, since I am newb in IP cameras surveillance solutions!

Thanks?

these definitely look interesting, but with no pricing information released how enthusiastic can anyone really be? any idea when the price will be disclosed?

I just checked Fennocloudcam.com . The guys have several plans available, with FREE one for homeowners and small businesses..I talked to a guy there and He explained that They are hosted in Finland and all data i securely stored in their data center. It is easy to access through their control panel and can monitor it from my smart phone and laptop...Cloud based storage is better for me, because hardware is too expensive and very reliable...What do you think??

That seems like a lot of data to have constantly streaming through your connection.

And I don't trust the cloud. Get a NAS and keep your data on location.

After some time spend on trying different solutions, I am sticking to those below:

-(mainly) Boot on a 8GB DOM or the single local drive
-Eventually use some RAM in a ramdrive (I use RamDisk+ that allow using hidden memory used by IO address) for temporary files
-Run on a DAS : no raid (small pc) or raid 10 (reliable fast station) or raid 6 (file servers)

-Backup everything online at BackBlaze (+Unlimited storage +NSA don't care +encryption +for $47.5/year)

-Have some free cloud space for hot stuff (Currently I "DropBox") that require to synchronize files between nodes