ssdpro

samsung RMA experience

7 posts in this topic

I have owned a lot of different SSD from Intel, OCZ, and Samsung. A couple weeks ago I experienced my 2nd failure, this time a Sammy 250GB 840 EVO. I have never RMA anything with Samsung before and am unsure how long it should take. My drive has been away for over two weeks and I haven't heard anything just confirmation it was received. I asked a rep and was told it can take up to 21 days. Anyone else have an experience so I know what to expect?

That's unfortunate, I prefer the old days when HDD companies would ship you a replacement right away with a credit card hold. Personally I think 21 days is pretty poor.

Some companies offer advanced, I know WD does, seagate does, OCZ does, Corsair does... But Samsung refused. Really the service in general really sucked. The model doesn't even appear in their drop down list so I had to enter a different product and add notes. I asked the same question in another forum and was told 21 days isn't unusual if stock is low.

Given Samsung's position in the space I'd think they would take service more seriously. It's a bit sad they don't.

Odd. I had two Samsung SSD failures, one just a month ago. In the first case, a new 830 was shipped second day air almost as soon as Samsung received my failed drive. In the last case, Samsung literally shipped a new 840 Pro the *instant* they received tracking info from my RMA--and they used Fedex Next-day Air morning delivery!

Maybe the 5 year warranty drive owners get VIP service.

Edited by dietrc70

I think I finally got something happening. I called today and was told the replacement would ship at the latest tomorrow. A refurb replacement for a 2 month old drive :(

Maybe it depends on teh country, may experience with Samsung HDDs are very bad, took 5-7 weeks. Now Seagate ist the supporter for Samsung-HDDs, it donĀ“t took one week

One reason why I now stay away from Samsung-components.