Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TokiHacker

Lsi 300-8x Windows 2003/XP Issue

3 posts in this topic

I have a server that was given to me that I am going to use as my new Home Server. It has a raid card Lsi 300-8x. I am attempting to install windows 2003 or XP on it with no dice. It seems to be an issue with getting the drivers into the OS since 2003 and XP only can recieve injection drivers from a FLoppy. I attempted to use nLite and slipstream them into the OS with no luck either. I am installing via USB so That could be an issue too. Anyone else run into this?

I have a server that was given to me that I am going to use as my new Home Server. It has a raid card Lsi 300-8x. I am attempting to install windows 2003 or XP on it with no dice. It seems to be an issue with getting the drivers into the OS since 2003 and XP only can recieve injection drivers from a FLoppy. I attempted to use nLite and slipstream them into the OS with no luck either. I am installing via USB so That could be an issue too. Anyone else run into this?

BUMP. Any help?

You should be able to slipstream into the installation CD manually, although it's been a few years since I've done this.

Once you've verified the slipstreamed installation CD works, THEN you can deal with the hassle of making an XP installation USB stick.

Might be worth a gander at the official Microsoft forums or whatnot...