Stevolate

Samsung 840 Series 250gb

11 posts in this topic

Hi

New member here

I just purchased Samsung 840 Series 250gb and ran Data Migration V2.0 on a C drive partition of 30g and now the drive size of SSD is 30gb.

I had a 500gb drive that was partitioned in 3 drives c:\ 30.26gb FAT32 e:\218.42 NTFS f:\217.06 NTFS

And I had another drive D:\ 1397.26gb NTFS

In Computer Management you can see the original size in lower window but in Volume information it is the new size.

The only option I get is to delete Partition. But I want a new partition with the missing 200+GB.

Or I would of preferred the whole 250gb as C:\ with 200+gb free space.

Is there any way to copy the original C:\ Drive about 22gb to the new 250gb SSD and keep the remaining GB free?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Stevolate

When you right click the partition in disk management, does it give you the option to expand?

When you right click the partition in disk management, does it give you the option to expand?

Hi Kevin

I get the option to delete partition.

There is no option to make second partition

EaseUS Parition Manager Free oughta do it, too. Naturally, back up your data beforehand, just in case...

EaseUS Parition Manager Free oughta do it, too. Naturally, back up your data beforehand, just in case...

Hi continuum

Great program

Looks like it will also make 30gb image.

I think I will reinstall windows as I need to format in NTFS INSTEAD OF FAT32 to get better speed for the drive.

Thanks for the help.

Stevolate

I've been considering the 840, but my Samsung 830 has been solid. Do you guys think it's worth the $ to upgrade to the 840? (256GB versions)

-www.NEQX.com

840 Pro and 840 EVO look great. Not sure I'd recommend a regular 840 due to slow write performance.

The 830 is a great drive, if you don't need more capacity there is no need to replace the drive. But if so the 840 Evo should be a good solution for a single user environment.

Oops-- yes, missed that! No point replacing a Samsung 830 in normal use, the 840 Pro and 840 EVO are only marginally faster if you enjoy benchmark racing. Day to day use, 99.9% of users are unlikely to see any real-world performance benefit.