Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rjms

1TB Hitachi Bad Sectors Recovering data

4 posts in this topic

Hello

I have this problem with this hdd hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB got all my important data in and it have so far many bad sectors so this is what i have done so far to recover the data:

-i used hdd regenerator but the bad sectors still keep going

-then i have used active image to make a complete image of that partition couldn't do it get a error in the process

-used spinrite but it freezes too.

-i have used Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, it copies the files but they are damaged mostly

-i have used also remo recover to do the image but the process takes too long...

- used linux(ubuntu) but gives an error to mount.

so far i am doing a image from Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software but i don't no if is gonna resolve my problem and the process is doing for weeks now still doing the image. So i have a big problem i have important data in the hitachi 1tb and i can't recover the data also i can't get access to the disk either when is connect it says "would you like to format drive i:", really appreciated some help i just want to recover the data from the disk then is going to the trash after recover the data any suggestions?

Not sure there's much we can tell you that will help. I hate to say it but this is why people shouldn't store important information on a single drive that's not backed up.

Unfortunately, the data in the bad sectors won't be recoverable. You will have corrupted files. But a program like MHDD might be able to mark all the problem sectors as bad and your other recovery apps might then be able to copy the contents without freezing.