Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mashud

How Bad is Bad? (Crystal Disk Info and BIOS)

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, recently I´m having some doubts on whether I should buy another HDD. One day ago Windows 8 had blue screens with the error "pc_watchdog_violation". Today I turn on my PC and info from the BIOS pops up saying my HDD is Capable Status bad every time I try restart the system forcing me to presss F1 to start the O.S. in my HDD, then I check with Crystal Disk info and it also says its in "Bad" conditions.

Last problem I had with my PC was 1 week ago, I had windows 7 and 8 in two partitions in the same HDD before, wich were getting sudden freezes in both O.S. when browsing the web thus I installed Windows 8 in the whole HDD.

Also is there anyway I can fix the HDD or I´m forced to buy a new one.

Thanks in advance.Heres the report from Crystal Disk info:

post-79782-0-24147700-1369580544_thumb.p

Edited by Mashud

That's a dead drive....repair will not be possible as it's mechanical failure, get a new one asap!!

Current, pending and reallocated sector counts. I consider a drive untrustworthy as soon as any one of these increases....and yours has racked up all three indicators. Bad sectors are generally indicative of a failing drive.

Well that is certainly bad, fortunately I already backed up my data before installing windows 8 this week. So how is it that the BIOS warns me too of the disk failure? trough S.M.A.R.T.?