Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hard disk replacement

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I have a sony vaio VPCCW1AGG model. Recently I get an error which is:

"WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.Press F1 to continue."

I did a full format on my C drive and have recovered my windows, but warning is still there! I think that means my hard drive has a problem.

When I faced this problem I have made a back up from all my data. I know that my hard drive will die in near future, So I want to get prepared for hard drive replacement. And I have some questions about that:

1- Has anybody replaced the hard drive for this model? Which screws must be opened? where is the hard drive exactly?

2- Hard drive model is toshiba mk3263gsx. That's a 2.5 inch Sata 3.0Gb/s. Can i replace that with any 2.5 inch Sata 3.0Gb/s? Because I want to use a 500GB hard drive on my laptop if possible.

I will be so thankful if anybody guide me in this problem.

Yes it is likely that your HDD is failing and should be replaced immediately.

There are usually only two removable panels on a laptop to change the HDD and RAM. I'm not familiar with your particular model laptop but if you don't have a manual that shows you this info., there is likely an online tutorial that will help. A Google or similar search should find this.

Any 2.5" SATA II HDD should fit and work as will 2.5" SATA III HDDs but you only get ~60% of the advertised SATA III performance on a SATA II port IME.

Edited by Beenthere