Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IngoVals

NAS RAID box and disk formatting problems.

4 posts in this topic

I have a Seagate Blackarmor RAID box (NAS) that works ok, so my brother got one as well.

After inserting the disks creating the RAID partition (or whatever it does) up we moved the box to my house to set it up and move some stuff over from mine.

Soon there where problems and we got the error NoSystemHDD found. I can't really do anything with the box now.

My idea is just to remove the disks and reformat them and try again fro the top. I'm just not sure what the best way is, how do I dismantle raid and format the discs as standard single HDD again?

Should I do something else instead?

Sadly this doesn't work as it requires me to connect to the NAS box which I cannot do. The box claims to have the IP 192.168.1.2 on its LED screen, my ROUTER map only marks it as a unknown ip and browsing there doesn't result in anything. It responds to ping and telnet (though the user/pass combo doesn't allow me access).

So either I have to find a way to connect to it through a browser for the factory reset to work or some way to format the drives to its initial factory state and try from scratch.

Can I somehow format the drives to initial state?