Kooshini

SLOW/Faulty 840 Pro 256GB on M5A97 EVO R2.0

7 posts in this topic

I just bought a 256GB 840 Pro from amazon, It arrived today and I connected it to my 2 week old M5A97 EVO R2.0 however AS SSD bench reports 430MB/write and 3MB/s read - HD Tune Pro reports that I am getting <2MB read speeds and also reports warning in the health status to say the UDMA CRC errors reporting numbers of 7000+

Is this a faulty drive? I think it must be as I have tried in different motherboard ports, tried different cables etc.

My old Intel SSDSA2M080G2GC works fine and gets approx 200MB/s without a problem.

If anyone can suggest anything before I RMA the drive and go and buy an OCZ vector tomorrow I would be grateful.

Thanks,

1 person likes this

What does the Samsung Magician software diags tell you?

it takes about 5mins and doesn't even seem to start the benchmark either that or it's really slow. Seems to take ages to even figure that it's on 6GB/s connection.

Good chance it's a bad SATA cable...at least that's what UDMA CRC errors usually mean.

Edited by FastMHz

If anyone can make any sense out of this I'd be very happy.

1iews6.png

2lwrmro.png

xdh7pe.png

This is my intel on AS SSD

axzmlx.png

Intel Anvil (AMD drivers)

xdh7pe.jpg

Intel Anvil (Windows drivers - storageahci)

5wgpjk.png

This is a spare drive - on the same cables on the same board.

24ee07k.png

Did you check the event log? If you are getting those CRC errors, it's probably a hardware problem, either a bad port, bad cable, or bad drive.

If you get the same problems on two different computers with more than one cable it is probably the drive.

Be sure your cables are rated for SATA 6Gb/sec.