Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TWB

Buffalo Technology Drivestation Velocity (HD-LXx.0TU3)

3 posts in this topic

No clue, unfortunately. However the quality of the USB 3.0 bridge chip they use also matters a great deal, so I honestly wouldn't stress about it too much.

WD Blacks in the older 500GB/platter configuration also are not especially fast by today's standards, so again it probably matters less.

No clue, unfortunately. However the quality of the USB 3.0 bridge chip they use also matters a great deal, so I honestly wouldn't stress about it too much.

WD Blacks in the older 500GB/platter configuration also are not especially fast by today's standards, so again it probably matters less.

I actually went to the store and bought the damn thing with 2TB version. :rolleyes:

The drive inside is actually Seagate should I say "infamous" 7200.14 Barracuda. http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/barracuda/?sku=ST2000DM001

It has 9VN164 firmware in it.

I have hard disk sentinel 4.10 running tests to disk, so far all seems to be ok.

Maybe I was little naive thinking this could be WD Black. Because of the pricetag alone I should have known better this is "just" Seagate :lol:

Read from around the web people have had issues with random "click" noises or chirp noises from Seagate 7200.14 drives... Lets see what this brings along. I just love this technology mambo jambo :D

Edited by TWB