bobmax

AHCI in BIOS Help?

6 posts in this topic

I would like to get a Samsung 830 128 GB SSD.

b/4 I do i would like to know how to set up the AHCI in BIOS. ( do I have to do this before fitting SSD or after?)

I don't have any experience of using the BIOS (complete dummy here)So any help would be very much appreciated.

Mothjerboard details:

ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Model SABERTOOTH X58 (LGA1366)

Thanks

Edited by bobmax

The BIOS on that motherboard is set to AHCI by default. You can verify that by pressing the DEL key at startup and then go to Advanced settings. There should be a setting for SATA. The choices are IDE, ACHI (default) or RAID. You can always download the user manual at the Asus website if you need more instructions.

Cheers!

The BIOS on that motherboard is set to AHCI by default. You can verify that by pressing the DEL key at startup and then go to Advanced settings. There should be a setting for SATA. The choices are IDE, ACHI (default) or RAID. You can always download the user manual at the Asus website if you need more instructions.

Cheers!

Excellent Thanks. That's taken the worry from it for me. :D

the AHCI should be somewhere in the "integrated periphials" tab.

Please connect your SSD to the internal Intel controller, not to any other additional controller, real world performance will be best with the integrated one.

the AHCI should be somewhere in the "integrated periphials" tab.

Please connect your SSD to the internal Intel controller, not to any other additional controller, real world performance will be best with the integrated one.

thank you for that info, but could you elaborate for a dummie please?