Sign in to follow this  
vorpel

Arc-1260 - Duplicate Raid Set Showing Up - How to fix...?

Hello. I have an Areca ARC-1260 16-port controller with 15 (currently) Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB (all drives are model "ST31500341AS" and this array has been running for 3 years) hard drives in a single Raid-6 raid set. This morning one of my drives dropped from the raid set. I removed the drive and validated it was bad through SeaTools. I have an extra Seagate 1.5TB drive (same model number) that I put into the system and connected it to channel 5 (where the drive failed this morning). Instead of the drive showing up as free (and I could then create it as a hot-spare and the array would start building), the drive is showing up as 1 drive of 15 in a second raid set that has the exact same name as the read raid set - "Raid Set # 00".

From what I can tell, I will need to delete the 1 drive raid set, however when I go into the "Raid Set Functions", "Delete Raid Set", all I see is both raid arrays and they have the same name...

Is there any way to fix this? I could guess which of the two identically named raid sets is the one with just 1 drive, and delete it, but if I guess wrong I will lose 17TB of data...

Under the "Information", "RaidSet Hierarchy" option, I see the correct array with 14 drives - degraded as the first selection, and the failed array with the new drive I just put in as the second in the list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I did delete the wrong raidset, is there any way to recover it without losing data?

Thank you so much for reading and any help you can provide...!

Contacted Areca support here in the US and Benjamin was a great help. After updating the firmware on my ARC-1260, I was able to see the number of drives in each RaidSet. From there I deleted the bad RaidSet with only the new drive, marked the new drive as a hot spare, and the array started rebuilding.