Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike2h

2 bay nas

4 posts in this topic

i need some rec for a 2 bay diskless nas. i have 2 500gig re4 i want to put in raid1. all i want from this is to be able to store files & store data/photos & possibly share photos over my wireless. have a budget of $150 & reliability is the priority(kinda obvious i guess).

any/all help appreciated.

Edited by mike2h

Synology 2-bay systems are the best for what you want in my opinion. They make several low-power home/SOHO options that fit your budget.

tyvm. kinda were i was heading. was hoping t ospend a little less but i think this is one of those things were u get what u pay for.

now i just got t oconvince the wifey;) which is going to be a problem- i just built me a new comp, setup my old one for her & speeded it up a little with an adrenaline, setup her old comp as a whs(2011). everything was great her comp backed up fine but mine wont & apparently cant. it seems whs cant backup comps that have efi/gpt partition on them. period. and i had no chice - when i installed win7 ult that was the only option. sometimes u just love t ohate ms :) so convincing her i need yet something else for backup storage is going t obe ...intersesting.

if u think it matters might want to post that tidbit about the efi/gpt whs 2011 incompatibility

Edited by mike2h

@Brian would you still recommend Synology on a $400 budget? I'm also looking for a simple 2 bay NAS that doesn't really need to be feature rich, but is highly reliable.

Thanks.