Sign in to follow this  
iacemomo

What is the best app/program for mounting ISO files in Win 7 64bit?

I need a program that is compatable with Win 7 64bit that will mount ISO files and possibly Bin/cue and other file formats, but defintely ISO files.

I've used SlySoft before but found that it started to act up after a little while but it seems like decent software. I've also used MagicISO and it seemed alright.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Best software don't exist since everyone needs are different. Some may prefer a pretty interface, while other may prefer 100% reliability or a program that is "lightweight".

Best thing to do is to try them yourself and make up your own mind...

Quick list of options:

Daemon tools, Virtual CloneDirive, PowerISO MagicISO MagicDisc, Alchol 52% (and more). If you like Virtual CloneDrive, then troubleshoot the problem. The program just may need to be updated to a current version.

FYI, Windows 8 will also be able to mount ISO, so that might make your choice easy in the future...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sharepointcomic/archive/2012/03/03/mount-iso-in-windows-8.aspx

For what its worth - I use Daemon tools on my laptop running win7 x64. Never had any issues with it.

Try a few and see which one you like.

I recommend DAEMON TOOLS. I am using it and it works just perfect, no error. The interface is very easy, once you are able to load the ISO file once, it will be recognized . You can also create an image, virtual drive (multiple) where you can mount the ISO file. Hence you can have multiple ISOs mounted at the same time with out any problem. http://www.techyv.com/questions/problem-iso-file-game check this link, it will provide you other alternatives and steps in opening your ISO files

My preference is for Virtual Clone Drive or Magic ISO. VCD is one of the few mounting applications i have got to work in Windows 7, both 32 and 64bit. and I've always used daemon-tools (remember to untick their adware during the install tho), but Virtual CloneDrive seems good too (and works with windows 7 ).