Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
localgamer

Patriot Pyro SSD Sata 3 speed question

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question. Im running a Patriot Pyro SSD Sata 3 60GB SSD on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Im not really good with SSD numbers, but i benchmarked the read speeds at 272 MB/s average and a .2ms access time. Is this good. Any help would be great. Thanks

Were you using HDTune? Run CrystalDiskMark and do a screengrab of the results. From there you can tell if everything is working out OK and aligned.

Read speeds seem kind of slow, although it depends on the workload. If that is large-block sequential with randomized data, its a bit low, otherwise its fine. Latency... is that small-block random read or write? Given the capacity though I would say those numbers are probably in the ballpark.

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question. Im running a Patriot Pyro SSD Sata 3 60GB SSD on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Im not really good with SSD numbers, but i benchmarked the read speeds at 272 MB/s average and a .2ms access time. Is this good. Any help would be great. Thanks

That is fine.

The Pyro 60gig SSD is a rather slow drive though when you exercise the NAND with non-compressable data (180meg/sec read/70meg/sec write)

This is to be expected though, it uses cheap Async NAND and is the smallest sized SSD in the range. However, it will still be very quick compared to any hard drive.