Kevin OBrien

Crucial m4 0309 Firmware Update For 5200 Hour Bug Released Discussion

14 posts in this topic

IIRC Western Digital had a similar bug in their Velociraptors and whatnot... it's the power-on counter or something really stupid. *sigh*

Cant upgrade with USB, my dos screen just have a dot blinking in the upper left cornor when I choose to boot from the USB, do my usb need to support something special? I have an old corsair voyager. Tried both your guide and using syslinux

What is the system you are upgrading from?

What is the system you are upgrading from?

A Thinkpad W520, but I miht just burn a dvd, just so wasteful for 2mb of data :P

The W520 has USB 3.0 ports right? If so, have you tried with the USB 2.0 port(s)?

Think I tried both my Always on port, my esata and one of the usb 3 ports

Interesting, let me play around with ours... are you forcing it to boot from USB or waiting for it to find it?

Interesting, let me play around with ours... are you forcing it to boot from USB or waiting for it to find it?

I pressed the blue thinkpad button, then choose to boot from the "Corsair Voyager" that showed, should I just change my boot order and let it find it auto?

Edit: Letting it boot itself to the USB didnt help, so tomorrow its dvd burning time (Not using them for anything else anyway)

Edited by Mech0z

Don't waste DVDs...think about the environment! ;) Have you tried redowloading the ISO/files with a different browser? The files could have been corrupted...

Also there are some suggestions in this Lenovo thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/A-and-M-Series-ThinkCentre/ThinkCentre-A30-USB-BOOT-SUPPORT/td-p/22126

See message 1 and 7. Don't know how similar the Thinkpad and ThinkCentre BIOSes are but it is worth a try if you have time(other people might be having the same issue).