Sign in to follow this  
pico1180

SSD RAID 0 Benchmarks Please

Not because I’m a speed freak or anything, but because it’s cheaper. Depending on the drive, it can be anywhere from $10 to $50 cheaper to buy two 120’s and RAID them then to buy their 240 equivalent.

However, the age old debate continues; does RAID 0 really increase performance beyond sequential?

I may be more inclined to buy a single 240GB at a marginally higher price for the simplicity then 120GBx2. That is if real world performance isn’t improved by much. And by real world, I mean the HTPC, Gaming and Productivity bench’s.

You don’t have to do a full battery of disks. Or even a full battery of tests. Just slap two 120’s in RAID 0, toss your real world bench’s at it and post the results.

OKGO!

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I appreciate that. For whatever reason I missed that review. I searched the site for “SSD RAID” but that didn’t come up.

Again. Thank you.

And that does answer my question. Not only is getting to 240GB’s cheaper by going RAID0, but judging by those results, its faster in nearly everything.

I wasn’t excepting random 4k’s to see an increase. I also wasn’t expecting to see such a huge performance increase in the “real world” bench’s.

We do them when we can. Should have the Samsung 830 in RAID0 for you this week. Otherwise we rely on the mfg's to get us multiple drives, and they can't always do that. But your point is well taken, thanks for the suggestion.