Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin OBrien

NewerTech Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet Review Discussion

7 posts in this topic

If someone asked you how many wall chargers you have for a USB-powered device, chances are you could probably list off a few from the top of your head. Most devices sold today, including wireless hard drives and smartphones include a charging cable that terminates with a common USB plug. With its widespread compatibility, this allows users to charge their devices anywhere a computer or wall charger is located. This is where the NewerTech Power2U Ac/USB Wall Outlet comes into play, offering a cord-only charging solution for portable devices putting the charger inside the wall, never to be misplaced again.

Read Full Review

The sliding doors seem pretty reliable and durable. My only gripe with them were the lack of easily swiped finger latch. You either need to use the edge of a USB plug end or your fingernail to bring it over.

guess its a trade of with ease of use vs asthetics. good t ohear 'bout the reliability, really think im going to get one.

Nice review. I have 2 FastMac U-Socket in use for several months now and love it. Power2U size seems about the same.

I generally have a Micro USB and Ipad/Iphone cable plugged into them and the many devices in the household get their fair share of quick charging. Only downside for the FastMac's design is if you want to add a wall wart to the AC it most often doesn't fit. The Power2U seems to be able to take at least one in the bottom.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/17/fastmac-u-socket-review/

You know where i think this might have the largest impact? in business offices, I don't know how many people ask me if i could loan them a charger because they forgot or lost theirs. I would say idealy that this should also be included on the power strips as well.

You know where i think this might have the largest impact? in business offices, I don't know how many people ask me if i could loan them a charger because they forgot or lost theirs. I would say idealy that this should also be included on the power strips as well.

That has been thought about:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/10/lenovo-power-hub-stuffs-four-powered-usb-ports-into-your-laptop/