Sign in to follow this  
Brian

PogoPlug Offers 5GB of Free Cloud Storage Discussion

Pogoplug, a San Francisco based personal-cloud storage start-up, has started offering 5GB of free cloud storage. The service is aimed at mobile users and supports iPhone and Android, plus some desktop platforms to use with their PogoPlug hardware. The service is what you would expect of any cloud storage, allowing users to stream media or create shared folders on mobile devices and on home or office machines.

PogoPlug Offers 5GB of Free Cloud Storage

This is a separate offering, think of it more like Dropbox...which I'm sure Pogo considered when launching.

Yea just to clarify on what Brian said, this cloud service should work with the Cloudstor. We logged into the same pogoplug account we setup during the Buffalo review when we started the Pogoplug mobile. They both use the same service.

k. ty. will u guys already having an account linked to that cloustor have any effect on me when i set it up?

havent tried it yet as im waiting getting a 2nd seagate lp 2tb . want that raid 0 setup :) they seem to be going for around $140 rt now, doesnt seem like they got marked up much(if at all) by the flood issues. just having hard time justifying it to wifey this close to xmas :D

y not?

this is also going to be the backup drive for my wifes photos. & given that u can only use 2 drives & run only jbod or raid 0... but even if raid 1 was an option i wouldnt use it in this case,

I would run JBOD over RAID0 in this case since if one drive fails you only lose half your data. RAID0... well how much do you trust the unit as a backup location?

I would run JBOD over RAID0 in this case since if one drive fails you only lose half your data. RAID0... well how much do you trust the unit as a backup location?

sorry u are correct. i meant raid 1 (duh :blink: ) raid 0 is not even an option in device. it IS security/redundancy that i need. sorry bout the mixup.