Sign in to follow this  
udaman

Apple founder Steve Jobs dies :(

Guess I was right, happened even faster than I thought...a real loss.

Will Apple continue on the same now, was the question? The worlds largest tech company, still the leader without it's founding visionary???

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8380581

CUPERTINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Apple Inc. has announced that founder Steve Jobs has died at the age of 56.

Steve Jobs had resigned as chief executive officer of Apple Inc. on Aug. 24, but did not give a reason for his resignation.

Related Photos

Notable deaths in 2011

View all 82 photos

It was widely speculated that his declining health was the reason for him stepping down.

Jobs had previously taken medical leave in January, but did not specify why. In 2009, Jobs took a six-month medical leave to have a liver transplant. Jobs took two months off in 2004 while recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer.

Apple released a statement Wednesday:

Related Content

Story: Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

"If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, and condolences, please email rememberingsteve@apple.com," the statement said.

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said "I'm shocked and disturbed" when he learned the news.

Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen said Wednesday: "My condolences to Steve Jobs' family and friends. We've lost a unique tech pioneer and auteur who knew how to make amazingly great products."

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates released a statement Wednesday:

"I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

"Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

"The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

"For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely."

Governor Jerry Brown released a statement: "Steve Jobs was a great California innovator who demonstrated what a totally independent and creative mind can accomplish. Few people have made such a powerful and elegant imprint on our lives. Anne and I wish to express our deepest sympathy to Steve's wife, Laurene, and their entire family."

He's died, at least in some media, before so I had to double check. Damn, that's really sad. Makes me take a minute to remember that there's nothing more valuable than friends and family.

sadder still that such a 'genius' might very well been so stupid as to be the one who killed himself, when he had the chance to live a long(er) life...what could have been, if only:

http://d.yimg.com/nl/ytv/site/player.html#vid=27021035

^vid teaser for upcoming '60 Minutes' interview with Jobs official biographer

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/20/60minutes/main20123269.shtml

Apple CEO Steve Jobs refused to allow surgeons to perform what could have been life-saving surgery on his pancreatic cancer, says his biographer Walter Isaacson. In one of his deepest discussions with him, Isaacson says Jobs told him he regretted his decision to try alternative therapies and said he put off the operation because it was too invasive...."I've asked [Jobs why he didn't get an operation then] and he said, 'I didn't want my body to be opened...

'I didn't want to be violated in that way,'" Isaacson recalls. So he waited nine months, while his wife and others urged him to do it, before getting the operation, reveals Isaacson. Asked by Kroft how such an intelligent man could make such a seemingly stupid decision, Isaacson replies, "I think that he kind of felt that if you ignore something, if you don't want something to exist, you can have magical thinking...we talked about this a lot," he tells Kroft. "He wanted to talk about it, how he regretted it....I think he felt he should have been operated on sooner."

He finally had the surgery and told his employees about it, but played down the seriousness of his condition. Isaacson says he was receiving cancer treatments in secret even though he was telling everyone he was cured.

According to Isaacson, in the 9mo, the cancer had spread to adjoining tissue...biggest mistake of his life (Jobs), thinking different killed him.