Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSullivan

Fusion-io ioDrive Duo Review (640GB) Discussion

7 posts in this topic

Fusion-io has built an entire brand around speed - their ioDrive PCIe SSDs have long been touted as some of the fasted storage devices on the market. If your enterprise needs even more performance in a single PCIe slot, then there's the Fusion-io ioDrive Duo, which basically doubles down on performance. We put a 640GB Duo to work to see if lives up to the promises of speed, speed and more speed.

Read Full Review

That's really interesting. It's the bomb for low-queue-depth IOPS, but gets passed over by the other cards when the Q gets deeper. But it also rules for sequential throughput, or at least it does with a Q depth of 1, which I believe the 2MB sequential graph is.

We'll have another PCIe review coming up in a week or two. This space is very exciting I thin for both consumers and enterprise users.

Great review, I hope it's okay if I ask a few quick follow-on questions:

- Do you have the random results for the LSI and OCZ drives? If so, can you share them with us?

- How is latency measured? I see the minimum and maximum but is their a blended average on say mixed reads and writes?

- Did you do any sort of reliability testing? I know reliability is one of Fusion's claims.

I love questions B)

The LSI Warpdrive is coming back in for additional testing on our current test rig platform, we will be capturing random results for that and adding them to the charts with an update.

Published min/max latency is measured during the starting QD 4K random write test. If needed though we can look up the latency at other levels.

Reliability testing is outside of our review scope with our limited hands-on time and having access to only one review sample.

We're continuing to evolve the enterprise testing platform and should have a few new things for the next generation PCIe solutions from FIO and others.