Brian

Corsair Updates Flash Drives to USB 3.0 Discussion

Corsair has released USB 3.0 versions of their Flash Voyager GT, Flash Voyager, and Flash Survivor USB flash drives. The updates are highlighted by the flagship Voyager GT which has a rugged all-rubber housing, comes in 32GB and 64GB capacities and offers read speeds of 135 MB/sec and writes of 83 MB/sec.

Full Story

Finally, I hope that very soon all USB drives will be 3.0, The real question is how does it preform when running in USB2 mode? I hope that the transfers are better then then current 16/4MByts the the current generation of USB drives

Nice!

I have to see how it compares to my favourite Patriot...hmm i think in between the supersonic and the magnum:

http://patriotmemory.com/products/groupdetailp.jsp?prodgroupid=188&prodline=7&group=Supersonic%20&catid=87

and

http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=7&catid=87&prodgroupid=208&id=1066&type=23

Edited by Telstar The Sorcerer

Then the Patriot supersonic is still the best 32gb usb3 flash drive. I dont need bigger, but I wouldnt mind a bit more speed for up to 70€ price (vs 50 current price for the patriot 32gb). This is not gonna happen i guess.

In addition to that Patriot drive (100 MBps read/70 MBps write) I'm considering the Mushkin Enhanced Ventura Pro 32GB USB3 at (120 MBps read/70 MBps write).

In addition to that Patriot drive (100 MBps read/70 MBps write) I'm considering the Mushkin Enhanced Ventura Pro 32GB USB3 at (120 MBps read/70 MBps write).

Yeah, price is about the same. I have seen a test of the Patriot, though. Have you seen real world measurements of the Mushkin?

Yeah, price is about the same. I have seen a test of the Patriot, though. Have you seen real world measurements of the Mushkin?

Yes, here both are tested; IIRC the Mushkin performs better for my type of use.

Edited by coyote

Yes, here both are tested; IIRC the Mushkin performs better for my type of use.

Ah, I remember that test. Yes they are about the same. For some reason i dont remember, i have the patriot noted as (2) while the mushkin as (3) in my shopping list :D The Mushkin seems a little bit better performer, but nothing noticeable i think.

Checking warranty - Patriot offers 5 years: what about Mushkin?

Ah, I remember that test. Yes they are about the same. For some reason i dont remember, i have the patriot noted as (2) while the mushkin as (3) in my shopping list :D The Mushkin seems a little bit better performer, but nothing noticeable i think.

Checking warranty - Patriot offers 5 years: what about Mushkin?

Great question, now I see Mushkin has only a 2-year warranty. I think I too now prefer the Patriot!

May ask, which 32GB USB3thumbdrive beats them out for #1 on your list, please?

Great question, now I see Mushkin has only a 2-year warranty. I think I too now prefer the Patriot!

May ask, which 32GB USB3thumbdrive beats them out for #1 on your list, please?

Eheh my list was correct then :)

The patriot supersonic magnum, but only 64gb and 120€+ cost.

Eheh my list was correct then :)

Yes, I think warranty is quite important with flash storage. I had a pair of warrantied Kingston thumbdrives die after a couple years; they happily replaced them. I've lost a few caps; both Patriot and Kingston kindly sent me two caps for each drive free. (I hated the cap-less retractable ones I tried, which retracted every time I tried to connect them.)

Edited by coyote

I've had the same issues with retractable USB drives. While I lose caps at about the same rate you do, I prefer that style.