Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid 1TB Discussion

5 posts in this topic

At Computex in July, OCZ announced the RevoDrive Hybrid PCI Express storage solution, along with their updated family of RevoDrive 3 SSDs. The RevoDrive Hybrid is now shipping, and offers a unique combination of 1TB 2.5" hard drive coupled with a 100GB OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. The drives combined with caching software can deliver 1TB of storage at 120,000 IOPS and read speeds up to 910 MB/s and writes of 810 MB/s.

Full Story

Looks nice, but much too expensive for private users. Use a single SF2281 and 50 or 60 GB, together with a 12.5 mm 1.5 TB drive and lower the price.. and things might get really interesting.

MrS

Yeah this is interesting but this sort of hybrid solution is *really* needed in laptops, not so much desktops. If they could cram this tech into something no bigger than a 2.5" drive it would totally waste the Momentus XT...

Or as Mr Spadge alludes to, would be good in a desktop if you could could couple the solid state part to a bigger, faster mechanical drive of your choice eg a fast 3.5" 2TB drive...

I'd think about this as a proof of market. If they sell a few thousand or tens of thousand, I'd assume there will be many more iterations. I do wonder about how easy/supported a HDD change would be.

This seems like the next step in storage, but the cost is way to high. Hopefully there will be more models that have lower prices. I know it might be a pipe dream but it would be nice to see this in a unit from the factory.