Aditya Kashyap

Reliable ssd. Not just super fast speed

Hey guys,

New to the forum here.

Basically I am looking for a 250gb ssd sata3 that is RELIABLE.

Dont want to be bothered with BSODs, RMA or DOA and stuff. Nor do i want to spend time updating firmware and running trim and modifying registry and what not. So suggest a drive that i buy, put in my lappy, enjoy fast ENOUGH speeds and dont be bothered again with above mentioned things.

Thanks in advance :-)

Which notebook...or more importantly, SATA interface do you have?

And reliable...boy that's a can of worms. But you can do things to put the odds in your favor. On the firmware issue, you need to be prepared to update firmware maybe twice a year.

Hey guys,

New to the forum here.

Basically I am looking for a 250gb ssd sata3 that is RELIABLE.

Dont want to be bothered with BSODs, RMA or DOA and stuff. Nor do i want to spend time updating firmware and running trim and modifying registry and what not. So suggest a drive that i buy, put in my lappy, enjoy fast ENOUGH speeds and dont be bothered again with above mentioned things.

Thanks in advance :-)

If you find one, let us know so we can buy one too! :)

I don't think there is any such thing. Both of my SSDs have issues of some sort (OCZ and ADATA). The mighty platter is the king of reliability.

As you can see in my other thread I am looking too, and while it's going to be in a PC, it's still SATAII (3gbit) for now.

Having done some research that's up to date, it seems that with the latest firmware Crucial M4 is the most reliable and also the fastest in everyday scenarios (don't just look for max sequential speed, look at how are you going to use the drive) and should behave nicely on sataII (unlike say vertex3, which in my view is unreasonably slow on sata 2), finally the power usage is much smaller than sandforce ssds (ocz, corsair), which doesn't matter for me, but I guess it might matter to you...