Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ashish bhatnagar

Problem in windows and backup

5 posts in this topic

I ma currently running windows XP on my system but due to some reason I want to install windows 7 on it but I do not want to loss my windows XP data . I have no external hard drive that's why I can't take the backup of it. So kindly suggest me some way through which I can successfully install windows 7 without loosing my windows xp data.

If you have the hard drive space, you can look into Dual booting or create another partition and backup an Image of XP(C drive) with a program like Acronis True Image or EaseUS® Todo Backup. Storagereview is even giving away licenses for EaseUS® Todo Backup.

How to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 (XP installed first)

Contest: 20 Free Copies of EaseUS Todo Backup Workstation 2.5

I ma currently running windows XP on my system but due to some reason I want to install windows 7 on it but I do not want to loss my windows XP data . I have no external hard drive that's why I can't take the backup of it. So kindly suggest me some way through which I can successfully install windows 7 without loosing my windows xp data.

Hey, a lot of software can backup the external hard drive as long as it can be recognized by OS.

I find this article:http://www.easeus.com/resource/drive/external-hard-drive.htm

Hope it can help! :P

Acronis True Image is a very good software for this task, but might as well take advantage of the contest for EaseUS if you have time to wait for it.

how about backup all data in D or E driver? I always save my data in D:\ so that I can format computer or install other Windows version anytime. Is it not work for installing other Windows version? I haven't tried but I am going to do that actually.