Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Contest: 20 Free Copies of EaseUS Todo Backup Workstation 2.5

EaseUS has reached out to the StorageReview.com audience and is offering up 20 FREE copies of their backup and recovery software, Todo Backsup Workstation 2.5.

EaseUS Todo Backup Workstation is an advanced and reliable data backup & system disaster recovery software for home office and business desktops and laptops. It enables users to perform self-service backup operation oriented on complete system & file backup, advanced universal restore to recover system to dissimilar hardware without reinstallation, and fast system snapshot.

The retail value is $39 and since it's software, we don't have our typical US shipping restriction, this contest is open to all.

To enter all you have to do is reply here and we'll randomly select 20 entries for the win! You may enter once daily by posting to the thread to increase your chances of winning. The winner will be selected from entries through the end of the month EST.

http://www.todo-backup.com/business/workstation-backup.htm

Count me in.

EaseUS Todo Backup seems to be a worthy competitor to Acronis True Image, and it has a free version. Also, There does not seem to be a a big difference(Support priority and some features) between the Workstation version and the free version which is a nice.

Feature comparison

Looks interesting...

perhaps the vendor could answer something in other than "marketing speek" ... if the features are identical across versions why does the server version cost 5x as much as the workstation version?

for a corporate environment, its not a big deal. but for people who run a copy of a server-OS on their home PC, a 500% price increase means a no-sale.

on the other hand... if the workstation version will actually -run- on a server OS, then its a moot point.

Looks interesting...

perhaps the vendor could answer something in other than "marketing speek" ... if the features are identical across versions why does the server version cost 5x as much as the workstation version?

for a corporate environment, its not a big deal. but for people who run a copy of a server-OS on their home PC, a 500% price increase means a no-sale.

on the other hand... if the workstation version will actually -run- on a server OS, then its a moot point.

Thank you for your interest.

Although the server edition and the workstation edition are similar in both features and interface, it is much more difficult to develop a product to work for Server-OS than for personal used. More researches and tests are needed to ensure the software would work on the server system stably, which requires more resources, developers and time. That is why the price of server edition is much higher than workstation.

In addition, more and more new features for only server edition would be added in the future release, which will make the difference more obviously.

Compared with other competitors in the market, we believe we set a reasonable price for this competitive software. Business users would find it is valuable to own such useful product without high cost.

And we provide 20% discount for the server edition now:

http://www.todo-backup.com/landing/upgrade-to-server-backup-software.htm

We publish the free edition with most features because we expect all the home users could have a easy-to-use software to protect their important data. Actually we didn't consider using Server-OS at home as a general situation. However, if you are using a Server-OS on your home PC and you can prove you will not use the software for commercial purpose, we can provide a higher discount for the server edition. You just need to contact our Sales Department.

Edited by EaseUS

EaseUS has reached out to the StorageReview.com audience and is offering up 20 FREE copies of their backup and recovery software, Todo Backsup Workstation 2.5.

The retail value is $39 and since it's software, we don't have our typical US shipping restriction, this contest is open to all.

To enter all you have to do is reply here and we'll randomly select 20 entries for the win! You may enter once daily by posting to the thread to increase your chances of winning. The winner will be selected from entries through the end of the month EST.

http://www.todo-backup.com/business/workstation-backup.htm

interested to try it out!

Although the server edition and the workstation edition are similar in both features and interface, it is much more difficult to develop a product to work for Server-OS than for personal used. More researches and tests are needed to ensure the software would work on the server system stably, which requires more resources, developers and time. That is why the price of server edition is much higher than workstation.

In addition, more and more new features for only server edition would be added in the future release, which will make the difference more obviously.

Compared with other competitors in the market, we believe we set a reasonable price for this competitive software. Business users would find it is valuable to own such useful product without high cost.

We publish the free edition with most features because we expect all the home users could have a easy-to-use software to protect their important data. Actually we didn't consider using Server-OS at home as a general situation. However, if you are using a Server-OS on your home PC and you can prove you will not use the software for commercial purpose, we can provide a higher discount for the server edition. You just need to contact our Sales Department.

I'm going to take a look at your software. I have done numerous storage-related software reviews in the past, so I have somewhat of a frame of reference.

Count me in as well.

Count me in.

EaseUS Todo Backup seems to be a worthy competitor to Acronis True Image, and it has a free version. Also, There does not seem to be a a big difference(Support priority and some features) between the Workstation version and the free version which is a nice.

Feature comparison

My thought exactly, and I'm getting tired of TrueImage so I've been open to alternatives as of late.

I'm going to take a look at your software. I have done numerous storage-related software reviews in the past, so I have somewhat of a frame of reference.

Thanks very much for your concern. :D

Thanks much for the informative reply. I'll definitely take a look at the software and see how it can help. Currently the only server OS im running is in a virtual machine, so backing up those files is easy.

kinda fortuitous(i hope). i just finshed the ne ground up build of my daughters comp. she doesnt want to be bothered with backup( that conversation is dead issue now) so i was looking at a way to do a complete image of her new installation on a spar hd. that way if/when( kinda hopin it does happen so i can- TOLD YOU SO!;)) something fails i can just slam other hd in & be done or something along those lines.

anyway so i came her looking for a direction to go & came across this thread. so.. pls sign me up!