Kevin OBrien

Corsair Force Series GT Review (120GB) Discussion

The Corsair Force Series GT is an enthusiast-class SSD based on the SandForce SF-2281 processor and SATA 6Gb/s interface. While a little late to the party, the Force Series GT is based on a well-seasoned platform that delivers quoted read speeds of 555MB/s and writes of 525MB/s with 85,000 IOPS. For buyers wanting the latest high-performance SSD coupled with a brand name known for reliable performance, the Force GT is a welcome addition to the SSD landscape.

Read Full Review

The results on this drive are a bit strange. It looks like Corsair needs to refine their firmware on this SSD.

if they will ever do it and if a firmware upgrade will be enough to fix the problem.

We're working with Corsair to try to help them replicate our numbers...this is the first they've seen of results like this. Hopefully it's something minor.

We're working with Corsair to try to help them replicate our numbers...this is the first they've seen of results like this. Hopefully it's something minor.

is there some news about your cooperation with corsair?

I know there is a little more activity on this in the 240GB review of this drive, but, in the intrest of staying on topic, I wanted to post here.

I’m extremely interested in purchasing a few of these 120GB versions, but the numbers worry me.

Especially, the hit it takes on non-compressible data. I understand all SSD’s take a hit there but going from 456MB/s to 162MB/s is pretty unacceptable.

Did firmware fix this? The thread on the 240GB version eluded to it, but is there anything solid?