tamas

mSATA SSD Update my Thinkpad x220i

After I checked Renice X3 (SF1222) mSATA SSD User Review, I decided to buy Renice X3 mSATA 120GB to update my X220i, but now MyDigitalDiscount is out of stock. I contacted Renice and brought this SSD from b2cit.com. I attached detailed update process, hope it can give you some instruction if you have not update x220i before.

RENICE 50mm mSATA

1.jpg

OK, let me take over the back side and disassemble the screws.

2.jpg

3、Turn back again and take out the keypad

3.jpg

Be carefully, Keyboard slip connect with blue connector, plug it out lightly!

4.jpg

Ok, Keyboard take it out.

5.jpg

Take over back again and start to disassemble screws in row.

6.jpg

Take out the back shelf.

7.jpg

OK, Now, we can start to replace the SSD.

8.jpg

Good. It rightly match with slot.

9.jpg

Edited by tamas

Assemble screws to fit the SSD.

10.jpg

Done. Assemble back the shelf

11.jpg

Assemble the keyboard back.

12.jpg

OK, assembled done. Switch on the PC, looking for disk....

13.jpg

Haha.. Find RENICE X3 in the BIOS

14.jpg

Install system now

15.jpg

System installed finished.

16.jpg

Evaluate the SSD score, amazed me again, 7.8 scores. As far as i know, the highest is 7.9.

17.jpg

At last, test it with CDM, 261MB/249MB, good results!

18.jpg

I feel pretty confident you work for Renice, but the post is actually interesting so we'll let it slide. We don't prohibit mfgs or retailers from posting here - just full disclosure please.

Incidentally, I am curious as to what these retail for and whether or not you benched other mSATA SSDs in that machine.

I feel pretty confident you work for Renice, but the post is actually interesting so we'll let it slide. We don't prohibit mfgs or retailers from posting here - just full disclosure please.

Incidentally, I am curious as to what these retail for and whether or not you benched other mSATA SSDs in that machine.

Hi Brain

I did not set up well the Hyperlink in my post, maybe you think i am the guy from the Renice, now i revised the Hyperlink in my post , you can check that, i just bought it after checking the reviews.

tamas,

How long did b2cit take to ship the Renice to you? And how much did shipping cost? Like you, I'm having difficulty finding mSata drives for my Thinkpad.

i bought mSATA drive from b2cit USD299.90( 120GB) Including the DHL Shipping cost and took 3 days shipping to me

i also ordered one 120G mSATA from b2cit.com today to Canada. eagerly wanna have a try of RENICE mSATA SSD.

but now can only wait. they told can just send out next week, no stock cos of hot on sale. :rolleyes: